We are delighted to announce the commencement of the application process for the 2024 Postgraduate Research Opportunity in Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Cape Town.
The University’s Neuroscience Institute, situated at the prestigious Groote Schuur Hospital and the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, welcomes applications for Master’s or PhD research projects within the Division of Neurosurgery. This exceptional opportunity offers engagement in cutting-edge research focused on acute brain injuries.
Eligibility for UCT Postgraduate Research Grant:
Candidates from mathematics, physics, engineering, or computational science backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Open to South African citizens or international applicants holding a valid student visa for South Africa.
Experience and Skills:
Applicants should demonstrate a solid foundation in their respective fields and a keen interest in translational projects.
Interested individuals should:
- Prepare application documents, including:
- A letter outlining expertise and research interests
- A comprehensive CV
- Academic transcripts
- Contact information for two referees
- Submit Application: Send all documents to Dr. Jill Combrinck at [email protected].
A committee within the Paediatric Neurosurgery Unit will review all eligible and completed applications.
- Immediate Start: The position is available for an immediate start date.
- Latest Start Date: January 2024 marks the final date to commence the research project.
The successful candidate must register for full-time study and adhere to the university’s postgraduate policies and practices. While scholarships and full-time employment cannot be held concurrently, part-time employment is permissible within specified limits.
All inquiries and submissions should be directed to Dr. Jill Combrinck at the provided email address.